top of page

MC Authority

If you want to be independent and run your own trucking company under your own authority, you must acquire an MC number from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).


There are two types of authority, Common and Contract authority.

​The common carrier authority requires both Liability insurance as well as Cargo insurance. However, it is the most popular authority because it allows the carrier to work with and move anyone's load for a price agreed.

The Contract Carrier authority does not require the Cargo insurance. This is becasue the carrier can only work and move a specific customer's load based on a contract.

In either instance, the carrier frees him/herself from having to depend on a broker to find the loads. Although no laws say that a carrier can not work with a broker, it is ultimately in the best interest of the carrier to eliminate the middle man and harvest a better reward by working directly with the shipper.

At Royal Carrier Service, we make this happen everyday for owner operators who decide they've had enough. One single call begins the process and in just a couple of weeks a new era starts. Less work, less days on the road for a better reward.



 Call Us Today: ​(305) 222-7116
bottom of page